If you have Bitcoins you're ready to sell, Coinmama makes it easy to convert cryptocurrency into fiat through a SEPA bank transfer.
Note: This option is currently available for Bitcoin only and through European banks that support SEPA bank transfers. However, we are constantly expanding, so check back soon to see if selling becomes available in your area and when other coins are added.
Here's how to sell your cryptocurrency:
1. Select "Sell": From Coinmama's homepage, choose the sell option. You'll need to be logged into your account, and will have to have completed the verification process before creating your first order.
2. Choose how much you'd like to sell: Enter the Bitcoin quantity you'd like to sell to see the Euro conversion, or enter the Euro amount to calculate the Bitcoin quantity. Then click the sell button. We will now lock the Euro to Bitcoin rate for 30 minutes while you complete the following three steps and finish your transaction.
3. Enter your bank details: Select your bank country and enter your IBAN (international bank account number). You can find your IBAN on your bank statement or by logging into your online banking system.
Note: The bank account entered must be your own, and must match the name on your Coinmama account. We cannot transfer funds to third-parties or corporate accounts.
4. Add your personal details: For regulatory purposes, we need you to answer a few questions about yourself and the coins you're selling.
5. Send your coins: In order to complete the transaction, you’ll need to send the exact amount of Bitcoin selected from your own wallet to the Coinmama wallet address provided. Copy and paste both the Bitcoin amount and Coinmama wallet to avoid any errors. You can also scan the QR code on the checkout screen from your wallet app.
Note that the coins must be sent within 30 minutes after you begin your transaction or the order will automatically expire.
Once your coins are confirmed on the Blockchain and received by Coinmama, we will transfer the Euro equivalent to your bank account using a SEPA bank transfer. Keep an eye on your email for a confirmation of the transaction, and look for the funds to arrive in 1-2 business days.