Follow these tips for a smooth verification process!
Our big tip:
- Before you start your verification process, check the list of countries we serve. You will need to be a resident of and have a valid identification card (ID) from a country or US state Coinmama operates in.
- Check out our list of accepted identifications to see which IDs we take.
- When photographing or scanning your ID, turn the flash off of your camera to avoid a bright spot that's illegible.
- Before you upload your ID, make sure all four borders of your ID card are visible, that you've photographed the front and back, and that the photo and text are both clear.
- Coinmama only accepts valid IDs, so if your ID has an expiration date, make sure yours isn't expired!
Personal information tips:
- Make sure you enter your ID number correctly, and that it's the same number that's listed on the ID you are uploading.
- Enter your ID expiration date as it appears. If your ID doesn't have an expiration date, enter 01/01/2022.
- Remember that the "issuing country" is the country listed on your ID.
- Your country of residence is the country you are currently living in.
- You'll need to have a valid address. Unfortunately, we cannot accept Post Office Box (PO Box) addresses.
note: We'll make an exception for US APO/FPO addresses, or if you live in a country that doesn't use street addresses.
- If you don't have a zip code, enter "NA" in the zip code field.
- A selfie is a photograph you take of yourself using your smartphone, but you can always ask a friend to help you out.
- Take your time. Make sure everything in your selfie is clear and fully visible, including you!
- Read through all of our tips for taking the perfect selfie before taking yours.
- Check that any VPN or Proxy is disabled before you submit your personal information and that you're not using a Tor browser.
Tip: Not sure if you're behind a proxy? You can check that here.