If you are looking to utilize the services of a company or individual for an investment opportunity that involves cryptocurrencies, the rule of thumb is DYOR, or do your own research.
Fraudulent investment websites can be hard to identify, as in some cases they can look to be legitimate trading platforms. If in doubt, please reach out to us so that we can help you determine this. It is important to stay alert, and steer clear of "get rich quick" schemes. If it were this easy to make money, we would all be millionaires!
How to avoid this type of scam
- Notice when you are guaranteed to make profits without risk of losing money
- Pay attention when you are charged additional fees
- Check whether the company or individual is regulated
- Look closely for spelling and grammatical mistakes
- Beware of pressure and a sense of urgency
- Research the company and check reviews
What to do if you have been scammed
- Contact us right away
- Report the incident to your local authorities