Before investing your hard-earned money with an account manager, broker, mentor, Blockchain specialist, or anyone else, it's always best to really dig deep and investigate the individual, their company, and their internet "fingerprint".
Account manager and broker scams
Binary and Forex platforms are notorious for being risky, so it would be best to conduct due diligence to understand who you're dealing with. Never hand over the reins of your personal finances to another individual, especially if you aren’t fully acquainted with them.
How to avoid this type of scam
- Be sceptical when you are contacted out of the blue by someone you don't know
- Notice when we (Coinmama) were recommended to you by someone you were not previously in contact with
- Steer clear of any individual guaranteeing you will make profit without risk of losing money
- Know that scam artists like to communicate using apps such as Telegram, Whatsapp, Messenger, Instagram direct message
- Be aware of pressure and a sense of urgency
- Notice when the account manager or broker does not work for a particular trading platform
What to do if you have been scammed
- Contact us right away
- Report the incident to your local authorities