As a regulated financial company, Coinmama needs to know more about you before you can make a purchase. It's not just us—any legitimate cryptocurrency provider will ask to verify your identity.
To get verified, you will need:
- A government-issued ID (a non-US international passport, a driver’s license, or a national ID)
- A piece of paper on which you've written "Coinmama" and today's date
- A camera
1. Register your email address: You can do so by entering your email address in the white field on our homepage, then choose your password and the country that you will be placing your orders from.
After registering your email address, you'll be redirected to this page:
2. Enter your personal details: Your first name, middle name (optional), last name, date of birth, address, and gender. Once you're done, click next.
3. Fill out your contact information: If you do not have a ZIP code, you can leave it blank.
4. Prepare your documents: Enter the details of your identification card, then click next.
When you see the screen below, head to Coinmama.com on your cellular device and login.
5. Take and upload a photo of the front of your ID, a photo of the back of your ID, and a selfie (or photograph of yourself) holding your ID and a piece of paper on which you've written “Coinmama” and today’s date. Click here for tips on how to take the perfect selfie.
5. Once you've taken each photo and have made sure that your photo follows the guidelines, click Looks good!
You'll receive an email if the files were successfully uploaded, and your documents will then be reviewed by our compliance department. Once approved, you will be notified via email and can buy for up to 15,000 USD with a credit/debit card.
Didn't receive an email saying that your documents were successfully uploaded? Click here for instructions on how to find missing Coinmama emails. If you still cannot locate the email, then it may be that you did not submit your documents correctly.
To learn more about account limitations, click here.