As a regulated financial company, Coinmama needs to know more about you before you can make a purchase. It's not just us—any legitimate cryptocurrency provider will ask to verify your identity.
- A government-issued ID (an international non-US passport, a driver’s license, or other national ID)
- A piece of paper on which you've written "Coinmama" and today's date
How to apply for Level 1 verification
- Complete the registration form: provide us with your email address (to be used as your login and main form or communication), password, and country of residence. You can check to see if your area is restricted here.
- Provide us with your personal information: we require your first name, last name, date of birth, and gender. Your middle name is not mandatory but is preferred.
- Provide us with your contact information: select your country of residence and start typing your street address. Kindly note, this will need to be your physical address as we do not accept PO Boxes. If you see the error message Phone number already exists, please click here.
- Upload your documents: we require you to submit a photo of your government-issued ID, in addition to a selfie of you holding this ID and a handwritten note with 'Coinmama' and today's date. If you see the error message ID number already exists, please click here.
- Confirm your email address: after signing-up to Coinmama you will receive a confirmation email from us. We require this if you are wishing to proceed with verification, so that we can be sure we're sending information such as order updates to the correct place.
- You're all set! You can expect to hear from our Verification team within 30 minutes. In the meantime, you may want to learn more about why we verify your account and your account limits.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team if you need a hand!