If your ID has been declined by our Verification team and you're not sure why, it may be for one of the reasons listed below:
Why has my ID been rejected?
- Has it expired?
- Is the full ID showing?
- Is the photo/scan high enough quality?
In order for us to be able to offer you our services, we'll need to have a valid ID of yours on file.
If your account was already verified and your ID has since expired, just log in to your Coinmama account, and click the "Verify Account" button on the left-hand side of the screen. There, you'll see a box where you can upload the requested photos of your new ID.
When you scan or photograph and upload any file to your Coinmama account, all four corners and borders of the document must be visible on both the front and back of your ID card. This helps us verify that the ID is real, and also that it has not been voided.
If your application was declined due to the quality of the photos that you provided, it is likely the result of one of the following reasons:
- The resolution was too low. Please provide photos with a high enough resolution that all of the information is visible.
- The photo or photos were blurry.
- The photos were too dark.
- The images in the photos were obscured by flash.
- The image of the ID should be in high quality so that all the information on it is clearly legible, including small text; we recommend that you not use a webcam for this, but instead a smartphone camera or scanner.
- The image should be clean from any editing or modifications, should be taken in a properly lit area and needs to present the ID in its true proportions.
- Your picture on the ID should be clear so that we can recognize that it's you. The image should also be in its original colors, with no use of image-enhancement tools or applications (like Snapchat filters). Black and white images are also unacceptable.
- All four corners and borders of the ID need to be fully visible.
- In any case, don't crop the image - or at least, don't crop it close to the edges of the ID (leave enough margins of background around the ID in the image).
- And lastly, when taking the image of your ID, place the ID on a surface and don't hold it in your hand (make sure not to hide any part of the ID with fingers, shadows, or any other objects).