Keeping it clear
In order to verify your identity, we need you to provide a scan or photograph of your identification card, and a selfie (photograph) of yourself holding your ID and a piece of paper on which "Coinmama" and today's date are handwritten.
If your application was declined due to the quality of the photos that you provided, it is likely the result of one of the following reasons:
- The resolution was too low. Please provide photos with a high enough resolution that all of the information is visible.
- The photo or photos were blurry.
- The photos were too dark.
- The images in the photos were obscured by flash.
What you can do:
- The image of the ID should be in high quality so that all the information on it is clearly legible, including small text; we recommend that you not use a webcam for this, but instead a smartphone camera or scanner.
- The image should be clean from any editing or modifications, should be taken in a properly lit area and needs to present the ID in its true proportions.
Your picture on the ID should be clear so that we can recognize that it's you. The image should also be in its original colors, with no use of image-enhancement tools or applications (like Snapchat filters). Black and white images are also unacceptable.
- All 4 borders and corners of the ID need to be fully visible.
- In any case, don't crop the image - or at least, don't crop it close to the edges of the ID (leave enough margins of background around the ID in the image).
- And lastly, when taking the image of your ID, place the ID on a surface and don't hold it in your hand (make sure not to hide any part of the ID with fingers, shadows, or any other objects).
Please re-upload the scans of your ID and your selfie photograph keeping the above in mind, and if you're up for it, check out this article about how to take the perfect selfie.