1- Documents we collect
It is important that the documents we review are clear and readable, and that the documents are complete with all information visible.
TIP: We do not accept US passports. Instead, we need to request a state ID. This is because we are not licensed in all US States and we need to make sure that the user is not in a state we do not support. For more information on US-specific issues, please see the following article.
2- Document Quality
- If the documents we receive are not clear or are poor quality, we need to request clear documents of higher quality.
- If the documents are incomplete and some information on the document is not in the frame of the picture then we need to request a complete document with all four corners and borders of the document visible.
- If the user has cropped the image of the document and all four corners and borders are not visible then we need to ask for uncropped images.
- If the selfie does not include a paper note we need to request a selfie with a paper note with the name 'Coinmama' and a current date.
- if the ID or face of the user is not clear in the selfie, we need to request a new selfie with a clearer face or Id.
- If the hologram or lighting is obscuring information on the ID then we need to request an unobscured ID.
TIP: The selfie for Tier 1 is not an EDD selfie. Therefore the ID does not have to be as clear and complete as the selfie we request for EDD reasons.
TIP: IDs with No Expiry Dates: We insert the expiry date 01/01/2020
What information should be on the documents
- Be government issued
- Contain a picture
- Have the necessary security features and wear that make it authentic.
- A name
- A DOB
- An ID number
- Not all ID types will have an expiry date. For these we use the expiry date 01/01/2020\
- We should see the face of the user.
- Handwritten note that has 'Coinmama' and a current date.
- The ID that was provided for verification.
- The date on the paper note cannot be older than 4 days
- The note cannot be printed
- The ID cannot be printed on the paper note.
3- Unacceptable IDs
To see which kind of IDs we do not accept see the dedicated document on Unacceptable IDs.
4- How to review documents
To review a document please see the following instructional articles:
5- When the document requirements have been met
When we have reviewed the ID and the selfie and we can accept them, we can then run the name check and IDM check