Cryptocurrency swap is a process of directly exchanging a cryptocurrency with another without the involvement of any crypto-to-fiat exchange. Below you may find an easy step-by-step guide on how to use it (you do not even need to create a Coinmama account!):
1. Go to Coinmama.com and click the "SWAP" button at the top of the screen:
2. Connect your wallet using either Metamask or WalletConnect (on mobile):
WalletConnect brings the ecosystem together by enabling wallets and apps to securely connect and interact. You can check out the best WalletConnect-compatible wallets here: Compatible Wallets
3. Choose the coins you want to swap, as well as their network:
4. Select the amount of coins you wish to swap and check the transaction details below:
Routing is the path that the assets take when being traded — meaning, what liquidity pool(s), like Uniswap, SushiSwap, and so on, will be used to carry out the transaction.
5. Select the desired slippage and the amount of gas you wish to spend:
A slippage is the difference between the expected and actual outcome of a trade. Essentially, it occurs when a trader fills an order at a different price than anticipated, leading to losses due to market fluctuation during execution. You can read more about slippage here: What is slippage?
6. Click "Confirm Swap" and wait for a few seconds while the network is doing its magic!
If your swap has failed, you might need to adjust the slippage or gas again to process the transaction correctly (see point #5)
As always, you can send us an email to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist anytime!