If you've placed a credit card order and receive an error message that reads Do Not Honor it means the payment was declined by your card issuer, but they haven't conveyed the exact reason why.
If you receive a "Do Not Honor" message, your first step is to make sure that:
- You've entered the correct CVC/CVV code (the 3 digits on the back of your card)
- You've entered the correct billing information
- The card is approved for international/online purchases
- There are sufficient funds available
- The card is not expired or canceled
- The card has not been reported stolen or lost
If all of the above look correct, call the number on the back of your credit card, tell them that the transaction was declined by them (you can mention "error code 5 - do not honor"), and ask them to allow future payments with Coinmama. Once you receive confirmation from the bank, we recommend waiting a few minutes before placing a new order.
Note: Unfortunately, because the cryptocurrency world is rife with fraud, many banks automatically classify crypto purchases as "Do Not Honor." A quick call to the bank should give you the green light for future purchases.
Tip: If you're still not successful, you can always try again with a different card.